Jo-Jo's Apple and Cinnamon Cake
|300 grams||Butter or Margarine|
|300 grams||Caster Sugar|
|300 grams||Self-Raising Flour|
|3 teaspoons||Ground Cinnamon|
|To Top||Brown Sugar|
- Cream butter and caster sugar together
- Add beaten eggs gradually to get runny smooth texture
- Add flour and cinnamon
- Skin and chop up apples into small cubes and add to mixture
- If making a whole cake - pour mixture into a baking paper and butter lined tin, bake at 180 (fan), 200 (C), 400 (F) or 6 (Gas) for 25 mins.
- If making apple and cinnamon buns - pour mixture into individual cases and cupcake tin, bake at 180 (fan), 200 (C), 400 (F) or 6 (Gas) for 17 mins.
- These times are a rough guide so check if cakes are done by pressing the top to see if springs back, put a skewer in to see if it comes out clean and the tops should be a golden brown
- I then add some brown sugar while the cakes are still hot out of the oven to the top which then sticks to the cake and adds a lovely sweet crust
- Top tip, if you like spices, I sometimes also add mixed spices, nutmeg or ginger to mine to make it taste extra Autumnal